
Built at the Stabilimento Tecnico (a ship of the Habsburg class).
From 1860 onward, San Rocco was one of the most important shipyards of the Austrian Navy. Its reputation was so great that even Emperor Franz Josef paid it a personal visit. With the end of the Habsburg Monarchy, the shipyard fell into disrepair.
The redevelopment of this site is an example of the successful (and above all peaceful) revitalization of formerly neglected areas. Thus, the large dock, which dated back to the old shipyard (and on whose site the Marina Porto San Rocco now stands), was completely restored and equipped with sophisticated technical facilities, such as underwater lighting.

